Day of Treatment
On the treatment day, it is recommended that no make-up is worn on the treatment area. You may advise the client to take an antihistamine 30 minutes prior to their appointment to help with swelling. They may continue to take antihistamines for 2-3 days following the appointment. A numbing agent is applied and left to take effect for up to 30 minutes. When the treatment area is sufficiently numb, the session begins with multiple connections of the fibroblast tip, spaced closely together. They may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. Treatment time is usually between 10-40 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
Immediately after treatment the area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (spots). The client may experience a sensation similar to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days. The carbon crusts will lift within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following eight weeks.
Following the treatment, you should provide your client with thorough aftercare instructions to follow to ensure they receive the best results. We will cover these aftercare instructions below and along with pre-care instructions. In the week following the treatment, or until the treatment area has fully healed, an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used. Instead opt for a pH balanced soap (Dove), and avoid rubbing the area.
Pre and Post Care Instructions will also be included in a form at the end of this course that you will be able to give to your clients.
- It is recommended that sun protection of SPF 30-50 be used daily for at least two weeks prior to the Fibroblast treatment(s).
- Skin care products with ingredients such as retinols, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), tretinoin or any type of Vitamin Aderivatives should be avoided.
- Inform your client to stay out of the sun, tanning salons and refrain from using any self-tanning products for three weeks.
- Their practitioner may prescribe medicine even if they do not have a history of cold sores or if they have other contraindications which may put them at risk of developing side effects following treatment.
- The client must complete and sign all treatment, medical history, hold harmless and waiver forms to ensure they understand the potential benefits and risks associated with the Fibroblast procedure(s).
- We recommend to take “before and after” treatment photos for comparison. A photo consent waiver will be provided for your business.